1.8b for Android
AndrOCR 1.8b APK
*THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITHOUT WARRANTY*
I'm sorry, but I have really no time to keep up the development of this app. It will stay here in the Play Store, but just for testing purpose; don't expect updates.
Many thanks to all the people who tried and rated this app. Best wishes.
*Free - No Ads*
AndrOCR is an app for optical text recognition (OCR) supporting 30+ languages. The character recognition doesn't need an internet connection! It's executed locally on your device!
Take a photo of a paper document from your device and AndrOCR will read the text in it for you! Then you'll be able to copy/paste it wherever you want (Email, SMS, Text Editor, etc...).
But AndrOCR does more! It allows you to:
- translate the recognized text with Bing Translator (30+ languages supported)
- quickly search your text on Google Maps (i.e. try to take a picture of a road sign)
- pronounce your text with speech synthesizer (Text To Speech). Five languages supported: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German.
- save your text in a TXT file
AndrOCR is free with no Ads and it will be forever. Please consider to make a donation (I'll let you know how in the future).
Please send me an email for any problem, bug... Or submit translation. I want to make AndrOCR better and I need your help!
- Please don't try to recognize text in photos taken from computer monitors or to recognize text in screenshots. The OCR engine can't work with them.
- Please note that Bing Translator is a limited service: AndrOCR application can freely translate 1 million characters per month. Please don't abuse.
This product includes open source software released under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html).
tess-two library is open source software written by Robert Theis. The source code is available from https://github.com/rmtheis/tess-two
tesseract-ocr is open source software written by Ray Smith and others. The official project page is http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/
microsoft-translator-java-api is open source software written by Jonathan Griggs. The source code is available from http://code.google.com/p/microsoft-translator-java-api/
The application icon is derived from http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hypercube.svg
Logo Font: Droid Logo by ei8htohms
Download AndrOCR APK v1.8b. *THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE* *THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITHOUT WARRANTY* *DISCONTINUED* I'm sorry, but I have really no time to. AndrOCR is posted in Business category and is developed by Matteo Pergolesi.
The average rating is 0 out of 5 stars on our website. You may also leave your review for AndrOCR on our website so that our users may have a good idea about the app. If you want to know more about AndrOCR then you may visit Matteo Pergolesi support center for more information. Average rating of 0 is calculated by taking account of ratings by users.
The app was rated:
This app is downloaded minimum 10,000 times but the number of downloads might be as high as 50,000. Download AndrOCR APK if you need a free app from the Business category for your device but you will need Android 2.2 and up version or higher to install this app.
This app was posted on Jul 30, 2013 and is available since then on MI9.COM . The current version is 1.8b and is now downloaded more than 50,000 times from our platform. Download APK and open it using your favorite File manager and install by tapping on the file name.
If the installation does not start then you need to enable unknown sources from your Android settings. Some apps like: Brain Training! PluPlus!, Piomori, 3x battery saver battery - .
- Fixed bugs with Nexus 7 device
- Now you can send an image to AndrOCR directly from Gallery: open Gallery app, choose the image, tap on the "share" button and select AndrOCR
- Various bug fixing
Date published: Jul 30, 2013
Current version: 1.8b
Requires android: 2.2 and up
Content rating: na